Brenda and Eddie were actually close friends of Billy Joel during his childhood. He wrote "Scenes from an Italian restaurant" as a tribute to their undying love. As referenced in the song they were divorced in 1977 and re-married three years later in 1980. Billy Joel wrote the lyrics to the song at the wedding reception on the back of a napkin. Brenda chose to have the reception at the same Italian restaurant at which her and Eddie's first date took place. Joel was so moved by his close friends tale of love that "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" is reportedly his favorite song.
Oh, that's all I heard about Brenda and Eddie
Can't tell you more cause I told you already
And here we are waving Brenda and Eddie goodbye.




1 Comments:
Thanks for looking that up. I thought about it, but I kept forgetting. That is interesting.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home