Monday, November 21, 2005

I was thinking about numbers today. Two numbers in particular.

30127

and

24601

One is from a song ("The Money kept rolling in"), and the line is, "Oh what bliss to sign your checks as 30127."

The other is Jean Valjean's prison number. "Prisoner 24601."

That made me just think of a quote from The Prisoner: "I am a not a number, I am a free man." I think that's the quote. Correct me if I'm wrong, all you Prisoner fans out there.

4 Comments:

At December 01, 2005 12:12 AM , Blogger Jeanne said...

Being an original 'The Prison' addict I'd have too let you know the proper quote is, "I'm a name, not a number. I'm a free man!" Wow, what a brilliant TV show!

*goes off to watch them ALL again*

 
At December 01, 2005 8:41 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you; I was afraid that I was misquoting the line, but I was just too lazy to look it up.

I've only seen the first episode.

 
At December 02, 2005 1:09 AM , Blogger Jeanne said...

Ah-ha! Well, keep watching! They DO get better :)

 
At December 02, 2005 8:10 AM , Blogger faith said...

Hmmmm... do they...
Actually I do want to see more of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home