Wednesday, March 08, 2006


Another Mormon idea.

"After all the years of ward pick-up games, stake tournaments, and young men's activity nights, there's finally a ball to fit the occasion. Made of synthetic leather and built to last, this ball is great for use indoors or out, and its wide channel design is great for gripping. Official size and weight make for great play. One panel even includes game rules to make sure every player leaves with a great experience. No ward team will ever be complete again without its own Church Ball!
Designed for the most dedicated players and priced to make a great gift, this ball is also great for collectors. Comes in a beautiful display box that will look good on any shelf."

-LDS Living

I didn't know what a Mormon "Ward" or a "Stake" was, so I looked it up.

The ward is the basic ecclesiastical unit in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is comparable to a Protestant congregation or a Roman Catholic parish. Normally, its membership ranges between 300 and 600 people. A ward is part of a larger unit called a stake, which usually includes between five and ten wards. When a ward or stake grows beyond the usual size in membership and in number of active Melchizedek Priesthood holders, it is divided, creating a new ward or a new stake, usually determined by geographical boundaries.

Well, I thought that was pretty interesting. Still, I think I'll stick with the truth and remain a Presbyterian, even if we don't have an official church basketball.

1 Comments:

At March 11, 2006 8:54 PM , Blogger Bethany said...

wow! That is knowlege I would have never known if I had not known to read this! But I agree!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home