"Why Worry About Tomorrow? Tomorrow Will Take Care of Itself."
I feel really silly right now. I've been sitting here studying for my Microeconomics class, (test in half an hour) and I was looking through my notebook to find some of my notes that I had misplaced. Well, I came across the little index card that the teacher had given back to me after I did my speech, that I had just tucked away and not looked at. Of course, when he had handed it back, I was like "Why are you giving this to me, I don't want this. I don't every want to think about the speech I just gave ever again." I was pretty emotionally destraught after my speech, (I think I've told you all about this speech that I had to give and how much I hate making speeches.) Well, I gave my speech two weeks ago, and I was so upset because I just knew I had done a terrible job and I was going to get a terrible grade in the class because I didn't do a good job, and I was pretty upset. He didn't give us our grades last week (and I thought that that was because everyone hasn't given their speeches yet, and so I didn't know when I would hear the bad news.) I didn't know when I would get graded, or how he was doing it, because I don't think he ever mentioned it. Well, I pull the index card out of my notebook tonight, and lo and behold, it has the grade written right on it in red ink. If I had turned it over when he handed it back I would have seen it right away and I would not have had to worry all this time. That's why I feel silly.
Consequentally, I am very pleased with the grade, and it really is a lot better then I deserved. Actually, it reminded me a lot of getting a paper back from Mrs. Hall. I know the speech wasn't that good, but I still got a "good sense of humor, good job," note. Not a smily face on a post-it note, but hey, I can live with that.




3 Comments:
You ARE silly. HEh heh. But oh how I love you!
You didn't tell me you gave your speech! You goober.
Ah, Mrs. Hall and her post-it notes. Man! That thought will make me smile til the end of my days.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home