Monday, February 20, 2006

tribute to Marni Nixon

never heard of her? think again.

she is the singing voice (uncredited) of Audrey Hepburn's Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady

she is the singing voice (uncredited) of Maria in West Side Story

she is the singing voice (uncredited) of Anna in The King and I

for a full list, look her up at the international movie database http://imdb.com/name/nm0633262/


P.S. this all started because I looked up the actor who played Prince Phillip (Bill Shirley) and he is the singing voice (uncredited) of Freddy Eynsford-Hill in My Fair Lady. This will mean nothing to you, but he also plays Bruce Martingale in Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd.

3 Comments:

At February 21, 2006 6:26 AM , Blogger faith said...

I've never heard of her, but I have heard her. :) Interesting.

word verification: icy bad

 
At February 22, 2006 11:41 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

lame faith, very lame.

love you. :)

 
At February 26, 2006 1:13 PM , Blogger myroaring20s said...

Miserable, shatterer of dreams and asperations, I spurn YOU! But it's good to know about Prince Philip, my friends and I just watched that movie. Best prince ever!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home