"The Chronicles of Narnia" rank high in my "Favorite Books of All Time" list. My Mom read them aloud to us when we were very young, and as I consequence I don't remember a time when I didn't love Narnia or long to enter that magical world through the Wardrobe.
Last Christmas, my parents gave me all of the Narnia books compressed into one large book, with all the original illustrations by Pauline Baynes... in color. I absolutely adore the original illustrations. They are enchanting and perfect.
The colors are bold and outrageous, exactly as they should be in a magical world. The style reminds me of the art Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" (love love love), and both are reminiscent of classic medieval art.
Last Christmas, my parents gave me all of the Narnia books compressed into one large book, with all the original illustrations by Pauline Baynes... in color. I absolutely adore the original illustrations. They are enchanting and perfect.
The colors are bold and outrageous, exactly as they should be in a magical world. The style reminds me of the art Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" (love love love), and both are reminiscent of classic medieval art.








1 Comments:
i love love love them too... if you want to revisit them the Wicomico lib has them on cds which you could play to and from school (if your car has a cd player).
i've never seen the illustrations w/o the titles on them b4 (prince caspian, and the horse and his boy good ol shastan)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home