Monday, January 23, 2006

You know how you'll be walking along the boardwalk and you'll see a bench dedicated to someone, for example: "Hubert G. Humprey- He Loved Ocean City," or maybe you'll see a dedicated tree, or road, or star, or house, or country. Well, I don't have a country, (and if I did it would be called Sarah-vania or something like that, but if I had a second country I might think about naming it after you...) ANYWAY... I thought that I would dedicate a blog to someone special. First I thought that I would say I will dedicate a couple blogs, each to someone special, but knowing me, I will start a project and then when I am just getting on, stop. I might do more than one. You'll know soon enough. If you never see another one, then I obviously decided not to do it. But this blog is already so cluttered with everything that I just said that I can't dedicate it to anyone, so I'll start a different entry. My whole next blog will be devoted to a girl I like to call Adrian. (Okay, so I hardly ever call her that. You all know that I mean Malekadaia, or, by her common name, Faith.) Check out my above blog to see if I did this or if I just quit right... now.

While I'm thinking about it, don't you think the greatest thing about writing books is being able to dedicate them to people? I can't stand when people are just like, "To Bob." Yeah, I bet that made Bob feel special. There are two-bazillion "Bobs." Who's Bob? If you have the opprotunity to dedicate a book, make it worth the time it takes to read. It doesn't have to be anything really great, but add a little spice to it. Make it something that only the person you know will understand, for instance: "To my good friend Julie S. Hanford, 'Even if you find seawater in a castle, don't tell Hugh.'" And everyone in the world will wonder what it meant, except for Julie, who will understand exactly what you meant, and will feel so much more special then Bob. And don't be like, "To my editor Nicholas, without you this book would not be." Duh. That's BORING. Say rather, "To my editor Nicholas, the hero of the oppressed." Give him a title besides editor. "To Nicholas, Knight and Lord of all the Lands of Editore." "To Nicholas: The Best Editor since sliced bread." Anything different with a spark of imagination. Okay? On to my blog about Faith.

6 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 1:36 PM , Blogger faith said...

Wow, I feel special. You are so funny You really are amazing. I am so happy to know you, much less be your sister.

 
At January 23, 2006 3:00 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah, about that blog... I started it, but then I had to go eat (a stromboli), and now I have to go to class, so the world will just have to wait for that post. It is saved under "draft" at the moment. If I hate it on Wednesday, though, I will just never post it. We will see.

 
At January 24, 2006 5:09 AM , Blogger faith said...

sniff. The post dedicated to me may never be seen by the world. How sad.

 
At January 24, 2006 6:09 AM , Blogger linnea said...

Hey I dedicated a blog entry to Faithy once, remember that?

 
At January 24, 2006 6:56 AM , Blogger anna grace said...

Malekadaia...heh.

 
At January 24, 2006 8:42 AM , Blogger faith said...

you have decicated several, I think. Which is pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home