Monday, April 03, 2006

Instead of blogging, I've been better employing my time constructing a sketchbook. Of all the sketchbooks I have started over the years, three is probably the average number of drawings in any given one. I was determined (I always begin with the best intentions) to fill each page of this sketchbook (I recycled an "old sketchbook"by tearing out those drawings and starting over with a fresh and clean slate. Not that we use slates anymore. I wonder how many people actually use and then understand that phrase. Anyway...) So far I have a total of nine pages with something on them. Two are barely started. Several are complete. And I think the first page I will never finish. It will be known as "the one-armed Phillip picture," because I just can't get his other arm right.

I love drawing. One downfall of constantly sketching things is that I do stay up later then usual "just trying to get this one last thing right." Another problem I have is that I have so little self control in the fight between homework and drawing. I'd much rather be drawing. So I do. I'm trying to do homework, and I have a blank sheet of paper in front of me and a pencil in my hand... it's very hard to resist. Normally I don't. My grades haven't fallen yet, I just get a little less sleep, and am a little more tired, but I can sacrifice a little sleep. And so I keep sketching.

I think I'll scan some of my pictures and post them for you... but wait, we don't have a scanner. I'm afraid you will probably never see them. In a couple weeks I will probably hate my pictures and (not having the heart to tear them up, but not being able to bear the fact that they might be discovered) I'll stow them away in a secret hiding place.

I am going to go now and complete those two pictures I mentioned in some other paragraph. Thank you for not smoking.

5 Comments:

At April 03, 2006 1:56 PM , Blogger faith said...

scan them in. They are amazing. Wow. I am always impressed by my amazing sister.

And yes I wanted your opinion. I value it, even when I disagree with it.

 
At April 03, 2006 10:09 PM , Blogger grey rose (they/them) said...

i am famished for sights of your sketches!!!

 
At April 04, 2006 7:31 AM , Blogger anna grace said...

They were good.
You won't look back on these and not like them. They are beautiful.

 
At April 04, 2006 9:29 AM , Blogger myroaring20s said...

Will you hide them in "a secret hidy hole"?

 
At April 04, 2006 8:54 PM , Blogger linnea said...

Artists must share their art, let's see!

:-)

p.s. I know how talented you are at drawing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home