
How Lost is going to end. (My theory)
At the last episode of the last season, they are going to find out that the whole Island is run by Number One, who is really Number Six, who is the Prisoner, played by Patrick McGoohan.
Why I think this:
1. That would be the most awesome way to end the series.
2. How the characters are always saying things like "Be Seeing You," and doing that weird salute thing.
3. Rover. (see picture)
In this shot from Lost, Jack is sitting on the beach and you can clearly see Rover haunting the background. Jack doesn't see Rover, and I think this scene might have been cut out of the episode that actually aired on tv. Rover has been spotted three times on the show, but not by any of the characters. (And everyone knows that Rover is so much cooler then the smoke monster.)4. If you take the words "Dharma Initiative" and you scramble them, you get the phrase "I am not a number." Don't see how this works? First, you take the capital "I" from "Initiative," and you have to get rid of all of the other "I"s because they are lowercase and in the last episode of "The Prisoner" all of the people are shouting "I, I, I, I," when Number Six is trying to talk, so we can clearly only use one I. Follow me so far? Then you scramble all the other letters and everything works out fine except that in Dharma Initiative you still have the letters "D, H, A, V, and T," and in "I am not a number" you're still missing, "O, N, U, M, and B." Well, everyone knows that if you had just been able to scramble all of the letters then everyone would have figured it out and there would be no suprise ending. So they made the rest of it in code. In this case, you take the A and you add 4 letters for the first number in the "4 8 15 16 23 42" series, and then you add 8 more for the second number in the series and you are at the letter "M." Then, for the T you add 8 letters and you get "B." Take the V and add 15, and then add 4 more, and you get an "O". Then take D (and this is where it gets a little tricky) and add 4, 16, and 23 and you'll get to "U". And if you thought that was clever, take the last letter, "H" add 8, take away two (which is half of 4) and you have the letter "N".
So now, you have the phrase, "I am not a number," which is clearly a phrase from the Prisoner, and what more proof do you need?
5. The colorful umbrellas and capes that the Others wear.
The Pennyfarthing bicycles, the hatches, and the ward where Claire was taken, and a thousand other things.6. The sixth reason is the same as the first, it would be the best possible ending. And now I have school to do. Be seeing you.




10 Comments:
This is beautiful!
AMEN!
Sarah, I don't know how I didn't see this before. It's all so clear now. Thank you my friend for enlightening us all to these wonderful facts.
THAT would be the best!!! We need to make sure that J.J. knows what the fans want!!! It's obvious only the smartest and brightest came to this point of genius in unravelling his great plan... we need to let him know that we know so that he knows that we know what he knows and realizes that there still are smart people in this world and needs to deliver!
(and how come we can't have spell check in the comment section... geesh!!!)
eh.
That's all I feel this post deserves.
Listen chacha, you only watched one episode of the Prisoner, and it was the last Prisoner episode (doing so should be illegal.) Of course you didn't understand anything that was going on nor could you come to fully appreciate how great the Prisoner is because you're supposed to watch the entire series BEFORE the end. (I thought everyone knew that. I've always known it.) So you aren't really a great judge.
I mean, come on, what if you read only the last chapter of "A Tale of Two Cities"? You'd be like, "Who are all these people? Who is this man and what did he do? What kind of end is this? What's going on? Why do I even care?"
Or what if you'd watched only the last ten minutes of "Pride and Prejudice"? You'd say "Isn't that nice that that guy is marrying that girl and that other guy is marrying that other girl?" But you wouldn't know who they are or what they'd come through or what they had overcome and accomplished!
The end is after you've gotten over the climax and everything is being wrapped up. But if you don't have a solid understanding of the characters, you couldn't care less. And you deprive yourself of the wonderful feeling you get when you're reading a book or watching a movie and you don't know how it will end and you're so caught up in the excitement of story... but I can't describe it adequately. Anyhow, you missed it. And you'll always miss it if you take the end before the beginning.
Good grief! Do not get me started on people who read the ending of books before the beginning (Faith). It isn't right, I tell you.
Your book statement {as we've already discussed} is completely irrelivent. TV series in NO way can be compared to books. Books are much more substantial and much more fulfilling, you said so yourself.
Even if I HAD only watched the last ten minutes of Pride & Prejudice I would have been satisfied. Not in the way I am when seeing the whole thing, but I would have seen clearly that the ending was happy and the outcome resolved.
In the Prisoner however {and I have sources that confirm my belief} it simply ends. It disinigrates. I can easily tell that the end is just as pethetic as the rest of the series. Aside from a few good quotes and being able to share a warm fuzzy feeling with the other few who love the show, I don't believe there is anything worth while.
A complete waste of 17 hours.
This comment has been removed by the author.
one other thing
Patrick McGoohan = genius
And how can you explan the ones who have seen the whole thing and think it is boring and silly?
I feel I would be wasting 16 hours to sit and watch it.
Being a determind person I can't even feel myself detremind enough to sit down and watch it even to prove a point.
I would.
But I have much better things to do.
Better things can be as simple as sitting up straight in a chair. Many things are better.
And I can't believe you said that about my family. We may be stubborn, but really who can't? You're be stubborn and narrow minded right now. On top of which it is better to be determind and unswayed rather to be pushed around with the motion of the crowd.
No. You are right, Rachel. I should not have said those things. I appologize.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home