
I was driving to school today along route 13 (I hate that road), minding my own business, (I'd just passed Wal-Mart), and I spy a minivan in my lane. Seeing a minivan is not that unusual, but the weird thing was that it was in my lane, coming towards me.
It didn't take me long to figure out, "Something is not right."
I tried to think back to Driver's Ed, "What do you do in a situation like this?" I don't remember any specific instructions. There were too many cars in the right lanes to allow me to get over, so I just slowed down and stopped.
I guess the minivan realized that it was heading the wrong way, so it pulled into the grass and drove over the median back into its side of the road.
I was like, "Whatever," and kept driving to school.
The end.




4 Comments:
Yes! That's right. Section 3 Page 4 of the Driver's Manual says to STOP and say "WHATEVER" when a car is coming towards you and the driver will immediately pull over(Glad you're safe:-)
oh man!
that reminds me of the TWO SEPERATE occasions in which a tractor trailor was happily stopped sideways across route fifty for no apparent reason.
"must be a newbie," i said to myself BOTH TIMES as i slowed to a stop in the middle of the highway until the truck could get a grip on reality.
at least it wasn't coming towards me, though!
this is great. I laughed outloud both times I read this. Thank you for bringing joy to my life.
this terrifies me...the whole thought. You did well
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home