Monday, April 30, 2007

I am excited. Tomorrow is my last day of class (Speaking of which... I should be studying for those three tests tomorrow at 8:30, 10:30, and 12:30, respectfully). Anyway, because tomorrow is my last day of classes, I'll just go home and study late into the night. Then, after my tests I can come home and crash. I'm not worried about it. I just don't feel like studying at the moment.

Did you hear what I said a moment ago? I said that I would go home and crash. That, my friends, is going to be fantastic. This past year has been extremely busy and not a little stressful for me (22 credits in the Fall, 21 credits in the Spring, just to remind you.) I don't feel like I've had a good, honest rest in a long time. Christmas was great and all... but it was so short. And I was only halfway through the year.

May 15 is graduation. I almost have my associate's degree in accounting. Pretty sweet, right? Can you imagine how great it is going to be to wake up in the morning and not have to go to school? Can you imagine how great it is going to be to sit down with a book and just read without any guilt? Can you imagine what it is going to be like when I can just sit in my room and draw pictures and not worry about this or that test or this or that paper or presentation? I hardly know what to do with myself. I am so excited, I repeat.

I have big plans for the Summer. I always start my Summer with big plans. Some of my plans are the things that have me very excited. I'll list them for you. If you look back at my other breaks (Christmas, Summer last) you'll see I had big plans then, too. A lot of them were not carried out, but some were. It's always good to start with great expectations. These are in no particular order.

1. Spend time learning to draw the head and hands with my friend Andrew Loomis (more on this in a later post.)

2. See the Grand Canyon (you all know about this already.)

3. See Europe (more on this later, too.)

4. Get a camera, and post pictures of places and artwork.

5. Complete a project that someone asked me to do (top secret-- ha.)

6. Illustrate a book maybe for someone (very vague, no?)

7. Write letters to famous people (i.e., Michael Crawford, Tony DiTerlizzi, Ian Falconer, and Josh Groban or somebody. I don't know. We'll see.)

8. Read (I'll have to get out my list of books, but 1984 and Stonewall Jackson are up on the list.)

9. Draw pictures of movie stars and from movies (I'm thinking something from Princess Bride, maybe Pride and Prejudice, Our Mutual Friend, It's a Wonderful Life, It Happened One Night, National Treasure, Sound of Music, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and movie stars like Clark Gable, Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Julie Andrews, et cetera.) I want to draw pictures all Summer long.

10. Write thank-you notes to my wonderful teachers.

11. Go shopping (Hopefully in the next week. Woohoo for tax-free shopping at the outlets!)

12. Clean my room (I've kind of missed seeing my rug lately.)

13. Plan a party (Why or for what? No idea.)

14. Spend the day with Anna Ford

15. VBS --- I'm very excited about this one. I've talked to some people about doing plays instead of those lame movies, and it seems like it is going to work out. The theme is kind of Spies and Space, and has the potential to be very fun and cool. I'm considering taking charge of crafts, and I'm thinking of cool spy-type things like making hollow books and writing messages with invisible ink. I don't know yet. It's going to be awesome. You should all totally help out. Speaking of Spies, maybe I can somehow incorporate Condorman...

16. Going to write and illustrate a book for someone very special. I can't say more, but it's not for you, so don't get any crazy ideas. It's for someone else who never reads blogs --- but it's a secret.

17. More secret things! (I don't know what, but I love secrets.)

18. Memorize something. (Maybe this will be the year I finish Phillipians! Hey, Mrs. Taylor, will you still give me twenty bucks if I memorize an entire book of the Bible?)

19. Eat strawberries! (It won't be long now! Unfortuantly, I'm going to be able to enjoy fresh strawberries this year for about two days in between my trips. Sigh. Oh well, I'll enjoy them all the more next year.)

20. Create something with paper mache.

21. Get really messy one day. (You know, like make mud pies or have a war with waterguns, or dig a big whole in the dirt, or splash through puddles in the pouring rain.)

I've got to go home now and study for my tests. Next time I post I will be finished school at Delaware Tech forever! Isn't it grand?

-Sarah

5 Comments:

At May 01, 2007 4:57 AM , Blogger Jeanne said...

When is VBS this year?! Maybe I'll be in town and can help!

 
At May 01, 2007 7:04 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Early/Middle August or something like that. I'll have to check the dates when I get home.

 
At May 01, 2007 8:33 AM , Blogger Damien said...

hey, thanks for playing word for word. it's always merrier with more.

 
At May 01, 2007 11:16 AM , Blogger faith said...

Hey, I love you too!

 
At May 07, 2007 6:12 AM , Blogger myroaring20s said...

Umm, I was planning on recycling this summer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home