You Stink
I was talking with Hannah about the book "Your Movie Sucks," by Roger Ebert. In the book, he writes reviews of movies that are (obviosly) horrible. I thought that it was a pretty novel idea, actually, and I thought that it would be very funny, but I was actually a little bit disappointed with what I read. I mean, when you have a book like that, you ought to really slam the movie. I also didn't agree with Mr. Ebert when I was reading his review of "A Cinderella Story." I agreed with him that that movie was bad, don't get me wrong. But he said in that review, that "Ella Enchanted" was a good movie.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. The ONLY redeeming quality that that movie had was Hugh Dancy, who played the part of Prince Char(ming) well. I'm not going to go into why I hated that movie so much at the moment. Maybe someday. Take my advice, though: Run for your lives! Four words: Waste of your life. A watched the movie because I had liked the book, and I still think the book charming.
Anyway, I told Hannah that I could write a book like that. Then I said, "Heck, why stop at movies?" I could write a book (or start a blog) that would just be called, "You Suck" and encompass all areas of life (Movies, books, television shows, food, people, celebrities, music, toaster ovens, the possibilities are endless!) Unfortuantly, I don't like to use that word, and "Stink" does not have the same ring to it, so I will have to think of a new title.
Also, in my book/blog/essays/reviews/television show/radio program, I would offer alternative advice, like Mr. Ebert tried when he suggested seeing "Ella Enchanted" instead. Only I would suggest something good, and not something worse then the thing to begin with. (Yes, Ella Enchanted is worse then A Cinderella Story.)
Anyway, I watched "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" today, and I thought again about this idea. Because that movie was really really awful. Unfortuantly for you, I spent so much time talking about my book idea, that I don't have time to go into details. All you need know is this: It stinks. Don't go to the theatres and see it, if you can avoid it. Stay home and watch Anne of Green Gables. That is my advice.




4 Comments:
hi sarah! i don't believe i've ever commented on your blog before... but i think i will now. just because. why not?
well, anyway, as i read this post, i just kept saying to myself, "yes! yes! yes!"
if you wrote a book (or blog) like that, i would enjoy it ridiculously. you ought to show mr. ebert how it's done.
also, "stay home and watch anne of green gables" is basically my life motto.
:)
Hi, Annie! Thanks for commenting.
I remember talking to you at Mandy's birthday party a while back and I think that we have similiar tastes in books and movies, and buying journals at Barnes & Nobles that we will never write in, and making cylinder-shaped clay things, et cetera.
Now that you've claimed "Stay home and watch Anne of Green Gables" as you life motto, I guess I'll have to come up with something else.
Dude, Sarah, I'd buy copies of your books for everyone I know. I think you should seriously make a blog with that as the focus.
way to go little sarah!
you might consider becoming more at ease with the slang "sucks" only for this purpose. give it a real meaning, ya know? i personally am in favor(and have been since our chat) of your writing(book/blog/anything!)
hop to it! i'll be by your side!
let the suckies have it!
and as for staying home and watching anne of green gables, I'll do that as well. it seems to enforce the suckiness of this current wave of entertainment available in the here and now, eh?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home