Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pendulum Swing

Below is a post I wrote late in September but never posted. It's about CRU, which I no longer attend. Over the past few weeks I'd gotten really tired and discouraged and disillusioned by CRU and I decided to stop going. Because I seemed so happy to not be going anymore, someone asked me "If you hate it so much, why did you ever go in the first place?"

Good question. I couldn't think of an answer.

Then I found this almost-essay defending CRU, and I remembered why I went in the first place. It wasn't about me.

So now I wonder whether I was looking at CRU through rosy glasses or whether the problem is that I've grown more cynical and critical. Has CRU changed? Have I changed?

Right now I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home